Renter’s Application Overview
Learn Everything You Need to Know About Renting with Good Life Property Management
Table of Contents
Reasons to be Declined
- Income less than 2.5x monthly rent
- Credit below 625
- Less than 75.0% of accounts are in good standing
- Any eviction judgments within the last 7 years
- Non-discharged bankruptcies
- We do not allow pets less than 4 months old, and we cannot rent to aggressive breeds.
- Negative Landlord Reference
- Move in dates too far in future
- NOTE: We do not process incomplete applications. Please make sure your application includes all necessary materials prior to submitting.
Application Screening Criteria
- Proof of Lawful Verifiable Income
- Copy of government-issued ID
- Rental reference information of previous 3 years
- Dependent information (optional)
- Co-applicants: All other occupants above the age of 18 must submit their own separate application (optional)
- Service Animal information (must be screened through PetScreening – $20 fee per animal. Refundable after verified)
- Emotional Support Animal information (must be screened through PetScreening – $20 fee per animal. Refundable after verified)
- Pet information (does not go through PetScreening.
- Have a photo of your pet ready
- Dogs only – Proof of breed, age, and weight (examples include a pet license or vet documentation)
How to Apply For a Property
Where to find the Application
Property Comes As-is
Please note that all of our properties come as-is. That means we do not provide cosmetic alterations or improvements to the property upon request (e.g. cosmetic wall painting, blinds installation, etc).
Cosigners & Guarantors Policies
We do not allow cosigners or guarantors. Therefore, if you do not meet our standard application criteria, you will be denied.
Service Animals & ESAs
If you have a service animal, or assistance animal, please complete a screening application by visiting https://goodlife.petscreening.com (there is a $20 application fee that is refunded once the status of the assistance animal has been confirmed). If you do not submit an ESA profile, your application will be considered incomplete and will possibly be subordinated to other completed applications.
Dogs: If the property allows dogs, and you are applying with a dog, please include a recent photo of the dog along with documentation of the dog’s date of birth (WE DO NOT ACCEPT DOGS UNDER 4 MONTHS OLD). Acceptable documentation can include immunization records or adoption papers. Please note: Property may require a pet rent or a pet deposit. Please verify pet terms and policy prior to submitting an application.
Most of our properties accept pets with additional pet rent. Please refer to the marketing advertisement for the property you are interested in regarding the pet information, restrictions, and pet rent or deposits associated with the property.
If you have a dog or an ESA, you will submit a Pet Screening profile. This is a third party company that Good Life uses to screen pets. There is a $20 screening fee that goes to directly to Pet Screening. If your animal is an Emotional Support Animal or service animal and is verified, you will be refunded the $20 and will not be charged a pet rent.
Good Life Blogs
We believe that education is empowering.